Is there anything you want to see more of?

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Anime alert! Valvrave.

The new anime, called Valvrave the Liberator, premiered earlier this week. I watched the first episode and was really pleased with it.



The animation is nice to watch, although a little to cluttered when to action starts. The colors are nice and are rather eye catching when the fighting starts. The show pulled a Seed Destiny (I started to watch the first episode in the HD Remaster) and gave the hero a tragedy catalyst in order for him to be involved in the fight. And while I do not normally get attached to characters in early in an anime, I felt really sad for the main hero. I won't give away the whole episode,  but I will say this. The ending is what keeps this from being generic. Lets just say the hero becomes rather blood thirsty... screw it. I think he becomes a Vampire. Come on space vampire who pilots mech! If that is not a hook then I do not know what is! On to the mech design. The grunts were rather weird looking but not cool. Zakus, now those are grunts, they were cool looking, but these grunts were meh. The main Mech, Valvrave was kind of cool. I am digging the green loops and the Red Astray swords. The ending song promises some other cool mechs to be introduced. All in all I see potential in this anime and would give it a 8/10.  The only real problems were the first fight scene, which was too dark to really care for and the overload of colors, which I liked but got in the way.

http://images.sgcafe.net/2013/02/Valvrave-mecha.jpg

Oh and I guess these will be getting plastic models too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews